Volunteers help Cantraybridge in so many ways it is hard to do them justice on just one webpage, however, here is a flavour of the types of things you could help us with as a volunteer.
• An extra pair of hands for organising social events for day or residential students.
• Helping out in the horticulture department, especially in the summer when everything is in full bloom.
• General estate maintenance and repair.
• Helping to promote the college at local events.
• Working in our social enterprises selling the products our students make
• Helping to organise events at the college such as the annual Open Day or fundraising events
• Marketing, social networking and web updates
• Many more
Gail, Woodwork volunteer, talks about her contribution to College life and what she receives in return:
“I worked as a joiner and carpenter for many years however, since working in another job, I have really missed wood working. I wanted to use my skills again, to do something people-centred and useful, and to experience new challenges. My volunteer work here gives me all these opportunities. The Woodwork Department is well organised, creative, and it’s a lively and stimulating environment for everyone involved. Everything that’s made in the workshop is carefully designed and planned so that all students can learn and practice skills and feel proud of the results, which are good quality products”.
We work with a very broad range of volunteers and each person gives as much or as little of their time as they are able. If you would like to be considered as a volunteer, please download the application form and return it to us by emailing email@example.com Please note that all our volunteers undergo CRBS PVG checks and this will be an essential requirement of your work with us.
We look forward to welcoming you as a volunteer.